Baseband Member
Hi all,

This is my specs for my comp

AMD Phenom II X3 710 CPU
Gigabyte GA MA770-UD3
Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB
Corsair DDR 2 2x2GB
OCZ stealthXstream 600W

Okay i built everything on June 23 and everything worked COMPLETELY fine. I played GTA 4, Left4Dead etc, i do the usuals surf the web yeah

Two nights ago i left the comp on overnight, next morning i turned it off and went to work for 5 hours, and came back and turned it on, it was COMPLETELY fine.

Last night i turned it off and went to sleep
This morning i turned it on and all teh fans were running full speed and CPU fan as well, but NO SCREEN

I checked the Video Card and the BACK 3 LIGHTS which are REALLY close together are FLASHING RED.

I tried to unplug the PCI power connectors etc etc and plug everything back.

STILL THE SAME PROBLEM

What do you guys think is the problem? Could it be NOT ENOUGH POWER? but isnt 600 watts pretty **** good already?

THanks

PS: The labels on the video card are too small so i cant really read what the labels are for the lights, but they are the ones near the BACK and all 3 are REALLY close togeter

Thanks!

Try one stick of RAM on it's own, and then the other. If it works fine with one of them then the other is likely dead.

I doubt its the PSU, check your video card manual or the website to see what error they represent.

there's actually 4 lights. Her's what they mean.
The farthest led from the motherboard is cresset 1; the nearest from the motherboard is cresset 4.

Cresset 1--- When the cresset light up, it represents the first 6 PIN additional power
on the VGA card did not install properly.

Cresset 2--- If the GPU is abnormal, the cresset will light up.

Cresset 3--- When the surface temperature of GPU on the VGA card is over
105 celsius, the cresset will light up to warn the user and then shutdown
the computer automatically.

Cresset 4--- When the cresset light up, it represents the second 6 PIN additional power
on the VGA card did not install properly.

source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom