Check my i7 build please 2000$ budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, if you can afford it def go with an SSD for your OS drive. Also put all your games on it too, then have a nice big data hdd for storage.

The bottleneck that a normal drive will put on your cpu in terms of loading performance is MASSIVE.

Wow I'm getting pretty well convinced that going ssd is the way to go. I had hardly considered it earlier. That article was a great read! So the 60 gb ocz drive is enough for whatever operating system I choose plus some games? or is the extra space better to be left alone for the os to take advantage of? This is some great input I'm glad yall are here to help me get the most bang for the buck.

Yeah 60 gigs should be all you really need. Just remember to keep it clean, e.g. when you find you haven't even though about a particular game for a while I suggest you delete it.

I recently bought the: Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks
It was recommended on this forum and it has been great for me.
I use Windows 7 which left about 40GB of space on the SSD for games, which is enough for atleast 4 games most of the time. I just put the games I play less or those which are older on the Caviar black and it is fine. I also found the SSD easy to set up on windows 7, I cannot speak for vista.

I've decided to definitely go with the vertex instead of the velociraptor. My biggest question now is what to do about an operating system. I do not want to deal with vista business edition just to be able to upgrade to windows 7 pro edition. Is it worth it to buy Vista ultimate with the upgrade to win 7 ultimate? OR should I avoid vista altogether and rely on the win 7 rc until I pay the full price for Win 7 pro edition when it comes out? I'm sorry my situation is kinda difficult... or cuz i'm just making it that way.

Me personally, I'd go with the win7 rc (but that's just because I'm cheap :))
I'm not sure about the upgrade from vista to win7, and again I'm feeling too lazy to google it.

Windows 7 is apparently going to be pretty cheap, so I don't think you're going to lose much by just sticking with the RC until you can buy it.

OK I will most likely be ordering tonight if not tomorow- Here is my cart- Is there anything anyone thinks I should change or is it finalized? I took off vista and will just use the WIN7 RC until the release.:cool:

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drives - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG ToC T240HD Rose-Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen HDTV Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 10000:1 Built in DTV Tuner & Dolby Digital Surround Speakers - LCD Monitors

Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1173-AR GeForce GTX 275 FTW Edition 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
with cod

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - Logitech G15 104 Normal Keys 29 Function Keys USB Wired Standard Gaming Keyboard - Keyboards

Newegg.com - Logitech MX518 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Optical 1800 dpi Gaming-Grade Mouse - Mouse

Newegg.com - OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-LGA1366 LGA 1366 Core I7 Retention Bracket - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Total-2,056

Sorry to post it all again, but I want to make sure I get this one right! If anyone thinks I should go ahead and get vista feel free to convince me. Thanks guys

are you gonna buy all of the components seperataly? a few of the parts you have listed are comboed with each other, if you havent already checked, which will definitely save you money.

your mobo and cpu

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

your case and psu

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

your gpu and ram

are you gonna buy all of the components seperataly? a few of the parts you have listed are comboed with each other, if you havent already checked, which will definitely save you money.

your mobo and cpu

your case and psu

your gpu and ram

Thanks for that awesome info! It brought my grand total down to 1,996.37

I think I could upgrade a component with that money saved! :) any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom