Dual monitor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrad08

Solid State Member
Here's the scoop. I always find my self in a pickle when playing my fullscreen games. For example, lateley I've been playing Fallout 3 and have frequently wanted to check the wiki on certian missions.

The only problem with that is ALT + TAB does not minimize the game, nor does pressing the windows button. And, if i do manage to minimize Fallout, the game will not re-open after being minimized.

So here lyes my question. If i go dual monitors on DVI, will I be able to play, say, Fallout on one screen and have an internet browser on the other? I'm not exactly sure how if this is possible.

So here lyes my question. If i go dual monitors on DVI, will I be able to play, say, Fallout on one screen and have an internet browser on the other? I'm not exactly sure how if this is possible.
Yes, that's certainly possible and easy to do.

Might I ask though, do you have F3 fully updated? Because that should solve the minimising problem.

Well, I re-installed it yesterday and only pulled the 1.6 patch off the website. I didnt go (install) through the whole lineage (1.0.1-1.06) of updates that Windows live would have given me.

What i find helps with my dual monitor setup is to play games in windowed mode on one monitor maximized so that I can click out of the game without actually minimizing it. The problem that happens often though is that if you have a multiple graphics cards, you might crash your system if you have some games in windowed mode. The current workaround is to setup an individual profile for the specific games that have issues to only use one card. I had this problem with wow where the game would freeze my computer until I turned off sli for just that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom