GeForce 9800GT crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yha... 105 is max, and 70 is just fine. I run my 8800 upwards of 80, so that takes care of heat.

I'd clean the nvidia gpu drivers and reinstall the drivers.

What are the rest of your computer specs?
Maybe try updating all your drivers.. Can only help

By the way, not sure if you mentioned it or not, but is the card running at stock settings or have you overclocked it? If so, try setting it back a little and running it again until you get normal behavior out of it.

All my drivers are up to date - updated the Nvidia and DirectX last week.

I haven't over-clocked it - tbh I wouldn't know how ^^ Someone mentioned earlier about bridging the power supplies to get enough ampage going to the board - how do I do that?

Although I am no electrician, I assumed he meant that it will automatically bridge the rails. I don't think there is anything specifically you would have to do.

As mentioned earlier, have you tried removing all the old GPU drivers then installing the new ones? If not, go look for Driver Cleaner Pro and follow the instructions to remove any old drivers that could be interfering with the normal operation of the card.

Hey all,

I found out what the problem was - faulty card. I think someone suggested this might be the problem earlier, but I was a bit loathe to getting a new one until we'd been through the cheaper options first :)

I couldn't try it in another pc cos I don't know anyone with a meaty enough pc to be able to try it in. I had a chat with one of the tech guys at PCWorld and he said it sounded exactly like a duff card, so I bit the bullet and bought a new one, which is now working beautifully :D

Thanks very much all for your help and support :D

/hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom