Upgrading Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemperz

Solid State Member
Hey guys, looking to finally upgrade my video card, just wondering which I should go for, I'm not huge into the newest games and stuff, just like to play alot of racing games and stuff like gta san andreas and stuff, right now I got an AMD Semperon 2600 1.9ghz processor and 64mg s3g unichrome onboard graphics, and 512 ddr ram, I am upgrading the ram with another 512mb, and want to upgrade the video card, I only have a 250w power supply and don't really want to upgrade it if I don't have too, so wut do you guyz all suggest for a good card, 256mb or 512 would be preferred, and it's agp 8x Im looking for. Also, quick question about my ram, everest says i have 512 mb ddr ram @ 166mhz, I read somewhere though that ddr mean double ram or sumthing and it's actually running 366 mhz, is this true, or is it just running 166? Thanks all, always appreciate the help and info. And I can't afford a newer system so i just want sum info on the card and ram, thanks.

AGP? You running a socket A or a 754? Either way I feel your pain.

With a 250W PSU you are going to have a hard time finding a card to go in your system. Offhand I don't even remember a card that would work.

166MHz DDR would run at 333. PC2700, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom