Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skormm

Baseband Member
I just got a new PSU and graphics card, I installed both succesfully and everything is working fine except one thing... I can no long connect to the internet. I am on a wired network not wireless so I know it's not that. The network setup is saying it doesn't detect a network adapter, I've tried using the driver disk that came with the computer and reinstall drivers but it's not working, what is going on????? Please help!!

Is it a separate PCI card or is it built on the motherboard? If its a PCI card, try taking it out, and reseating it (with the computer off of course). If its built onto the board...then it could have possibly died. May have to pick up a PCI network card then to try out, unless you know somebody you can borrow one from.

Is it a separate PCI card or is it built on the motherboard? If its a PCI card, try taking it out, and reseating it (with the computer off of course). If its built onto the board...then it could have possibly died. May have to pick up a PCI network card then to try out, unless you know somebody you can borrow one from.

The adapter is on-board... and it was working fine not even an hour ago. And when I plug in the ethernet cable the little lights on the port flash and everything.

I assume you've tried to reboot just to make sure? May want to try installing your chipset drivers from the board's manufacturer's website to see if that fixes the problem (since they will be more up to date than whats on the disk).

I assume you've tried to reboot just to make sure? May want to try installing your chipset drivers from the board's manufacturer's website to see if that fixes the problem (since they will be more up to date than whats on the disk).

I can't connect it to the internet, I will try rebooting again.

Make sure it's still enabled in the system bios. If it is enabled then try disabling it, restart and try enabling it again. If that still doesn't work then have a check of the Device Manager in safe mode with networking. It may have a hidden conflict. And it may just be dead, is your router wireless? You can get a usb adapter fairly cheap.

Use the computer you're using now, download the drivers, and put them on a flash drive or burn them to a CD.

Tried disabling and re-enabling in the BIOS, nothing happened. Trying the safe mode thing now. Same thing in safe mode, I guess the network adapter on the mobo got fried somehow during the installation -.-... Can someone point me in the direction to get a PCI network adapter, or USB prefer wired, thanks.

EDIT: From Best Buy or WalMart, I want to go pick it up ASAP, don't want to wait for mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom