New core i7 is built !! high temps :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBM/PS1

In Runtime
Alright so all the parts for my new i7 build came in today.

Keep in mind this is only with the top 240 MM fan and the cpu fan going. The case is sitting open and the ambient temp is about 25C

I setup the case as barebones as possible to test it and here are my results:

Using asus probe 2 i get the following
Vcore= 0.95V
+3.3V= 3.30V
+5V= 5.09V
+12V= 12.08V
CPU temp = 51C idle (this jumps around quiet a bit, sometimes it'll jump up to 60 then back down to 51)
MB temp = 51C idle
CPU fan speed 1555RPM

Real temp temps as follows

Average of 34-37C Idle (These temps seem more accurate but i know i should usually go with Board software temps first.

Speed fan shows similar temps to asus probe 2

I used a single large blob of Artic 5 in the middle of the cpu then spread it with a credit card. I did the same with the Heat sync block. As far as i can tell the heat sync is applied properly.

If you think hooking up the other fans and closing the case will help my temps then please let me know and i'll try that.

Are you using the stock heatsink?

Real Temp works good with my X58 mobo's, but there EVGA. As far as I know Real Temp works good with Asus mobo's also.

Sorry i should of been more detailed

Ultra 120 extreme
artic silver 5
Most up to date bios
Asus p6t SEb x58
I now have all fans on except for the side 240MM

Asus probe 47C
Real temp 36C

I guess i just need to know which temps to believe.

Edit: I downloaded core temp and the temps matched real temps almost right on.

Full load temps seems to be around 62C on average.

I would trust reap temp before asus probe.

real temp works great on my asus board. I did install asus probe for fun and the temps matched real temp on my computer. See if there is a newer version to download.

With a true 37C is about what I would expect.

Alright so i woke up at 2am for some reason so i figured I'd finish my pc.

Adding in all the front panel LED lights and installed the last fan, small cosmetic stuff you know.

For some reason after i did that asus probe and my MB temps now match real temp and core temps exactly. Maybe my board didn't like that i had all the fans plugged into the PSU and not the chasis fan ports on the board itself. I am pleased that my temps are all now matching or close to it.

I get 36C idle in windows which from what i've read is acceptable.

Thanks for the help HEF and slaymate.

just another follow up question.

My chasis fans are running are all running around 700 RPM and my true runs at around 1600RPM.

Is there any way to increase all the fan speeds or is that there rated max?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom