Check my i7 build please 2000$ budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have added -
Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
and Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-LGA1366 LGA 1366 Core I7 Retention Bracket - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

so that takes care of the cpu heatsink unless there are any other suggestions.
I need- DVD burner and more advice/recommendations on switching to ssd. Is it worth it? And also is it worth it to buy vista and get the free upgrade? Which version of Win7 will I get? Or should I just use the Win7 RC until it comes out.

For the same cost, the SSD will blow the velociraptor out of the water speed wise. You lose space, but that's what your 1tb drive is for.

For the same cost, the SSD will blow the velociraptor out of the water speed wise. You lose space, but that's what your 1tb drive is for.

I forgot to mention that I do a good bit of gaming. I was planning on putting some of my games on the velociraptor. Will I lose much speed in games if I go the ssd route? I'm also worried from reading about how much of a hassle setting up a ssd can be for vista. Will going straight to Win7 make it easier to setup the ssd?

What hassle? It's just a SATA connection, works like a regular HDD.

You will see noticeable performance gains going to an SSD. 60gb is enough to install a few games and such.

I really like these Samsung DVD Burners but NewEgg has them listed as Deactivated. I've easily bought at least a dozen of them for my PC's and my friends PC's. They must have a new model coming out to replace them as they have always been popular.

Black Samsung SH-S223F/BEBN 22X SpeedPlus Serial ATA Internal DVD-Writer S.A.T SATA DVD Burner-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com

SSD is expensive but fast. The Raptors are expensive and slow in comparison to SSD. I'll be buying one for Windows 7 when my upgrade is installed :D

I would buy the Vista 64-bit with the Windows 7 upgrade. As I understand it you'll have a choice of either 32 or 64-bit with the upgrade. And yes it's worth it :D

What hassle? It's just a SATA connection, works like a regular HDD.

You will see noticeable performance gains going to an SSD. 60gb is enough to install a few games and such.

Thats just from what I read on the recommended ssd drive's reviews. I know these forums do not give newegg reviews much credit;however, I just couldnt help but notice the problems others have had. I am expecting Windows 7 to be alot easier to setup. I would like to know if my free Windows 7 edition would be the premium edition or if I would have the choice to get Professional. I would prefer the pro version

It depends on the version of Vista that your buying.

https://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/offers/upgrade-faq.aspx

win7upgrade.jpg

You'll want to buy this version :D

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Business SP1 64-bit for System Builders w/ Tech Guarantee - Operating Systems

Thats just from what I read on the recommended ssd drive's reviews. I know these forums do not give newegg reviews much credit;however, I just couldnt help but notice the problems others have had. I am expecting Windows 7 to be alot easier to setup. I would like to know if my free Windows 7 edition would be the premium edition or if I would have the choice to get Professional. I would prefer the pro version

I think all the RC's usually give you Ultimate (I know Vista's did a couple years back)

One thing to keep in mind with SSD's is they are different form normal hard drives, for example you should never defrag them. That said I think the Vertex is a far better choice than the Velociraptor.

This anadtech article is pretty long but it contains a lot of great info on SSD's and in my opinion is a must read for anyone considering buying one.

AnandTech: The SSD Anthology: Understanding SSDs and New Drives from OCZ

The 7 RC is the Ultimate Version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom