Very Odd Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cool Qubeley, and if you could do me a favor, tell me how it goes after using all those case fans you purchases, I'd like to know if it still shuts down (and if so, how long does it take this time).
It'd be nice if that solved the problem..

Well, I think I've confirmed that it is the temperature sensor issue. So far the computer hasn't shut down after 3 days straight of using (with the fan next to it of course). What I opened up one side of the case and placed a fan next to it.

Hi

I just joined today to post this. I have had the same issue with the same model. Bought it at Best Buy in April, started getting random shut downs in May. What I did was go into the BIOS and turn off the smart fan option to get the fan running constantly. That seemed to work, I left it that way for a day, then put the fan back to normal settings and it seemed to work for about 6 weeks. Now today the issue has returned, as I type this my fan is going full speed, but the computer hasn't shut down. I tried changing the power supply, didn't work. I have an email in to Gateway support, but after reading around the web about this, I'm not to optimistic. I hope someone comes up with a solution though, the **** fan is quite loud and for $800 just for the tower this is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom