VGA cooler for X800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are completely wasting money upgrading to a 6800 GT from an X800 PRO.

ag3 said:
You are completely wasting money upgrading to a 6800 GT from an X800 PRO.

What do you base this off of, the 6800GT can run all games save HL2 2-3 times better than the X800 Pro can at high resolutions with AA and AF. Thats not to mention the extra 4,000 3dmark poins and the extra 15,000 aquamark 3 points I get for upgrading. Doing this would be equivalent to upgrading from a GeForce FX 5700 to a Radeon 9800 Pro last generation, except the 5700 didn't cost as much as the Radeon 9800 Pro did in the first place.

my 5700 was $150 when I got it...strangely enough...back when I got my geforce2 Ti it also cost me $150 at the time...now it's like $20 for the gf2 and $100 for the fx5700 :p I still like my card though. It handles like a champ not OC'd. I got 23k on aquamark and 25k after I OC'd it a little bit. That any good? I've seen a chart once and don't bother replying with 'ATI is better on previous gen' cause I've heard it and know it and even say it myself. I didn't know anything at the time of purchasing this card, but oh well like I said it's still good.

EDIT: Whew after lookin at beedubs aquamark scores I'm like damn! But he's also got 64bit processor with the Pro version of 'the latest and greatest'...........that ATI has to offer anyway :p

Hehe, this will be interesting. I should be getting the x800pro today. I am going to run all the benchmarks, and play D3 for a few hours, and I will report back. My buddy said its all good if I wanna borrow the 6800gt for a few days and run some benchmarks and games on it. Hopefully I will be able to determine which card really is faster and more powerful. It seems as though everyone has an opinion on it, hopefully I can put them side by side and see for myself which one is the better choice.

Well theoretically the X800 PRO should way outperform it...you're comparing a lesser nvidia model to the top ATI Model.....you'd need the 6800 Ultra to do a REAL comparison regarding the model equivelants...but still it'll be cool to see how the GT stands up to the X800 Pro.....what maker of the GT does he have and would he at all be willing to OC it to Ultra speeds? That could be another benchmark test in itself. Keep us posted :D sounds interesting

ICS said:
the gt costs more than the pro and the pro outperforms it w/ 12 pipes

You say allot how the X800 Pro outperforms the 6800GT..... :confused: How can you say this when ALL benchmarks save HL2 (wherin the X800 Pro outperforms the 6800 Ultra), say otherwise.

You say allot how the X800 Pro outperforms the 6800GT..... How can you say this when ALL benchmarks save HL2 (wherin the X800 Pro outperforms the 6800 Ultra), say otherwise.

Yup, gonna agree with beedub there...I have yet to see a review that says the ATI anything next gen beats the nvidia series.

Beyond that:

the gt costs more than the pro

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=322693

6800GT for $415 plus comes with doom3

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=320766

X800 Pro - $450

So I don't know what your sources are as far as pricing goes, but you obviously need to look at different websites or do your homework. The X800 hasn't outperformed nvidia at all, the previous gen cards, yes ATI outperformed, but not on these new ones, you are just insane to even declare that. I read an article on the upcoming 6600 and they said the X600 would be a complete waste of money, and even if it had 8 pipelines like the 6600 it'd still not even come close to comparing as far as performance goes.

http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/evga_geforce_6800gt/index.shtml

There's a nice review on the 6800GT in some instances the X800 pro performs better but it's only on like 2 out of 15 tests an overall the 6800GT outpeformed the pro. But considering it's not the ULTRA going up against the PRO I'd still say it's a damn good card and your information is horribly messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom