No sound on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemperz

Solid State Member
Hey there guyz, recently just got a used computer and I went to get on it today and everythings working great, except I have absolutley no sound whats so ever out of it. I checked and made sure all my audio devices we're enabled and my speakers are on and my volume control is unmuted and nothing seems to work, can anyone help please, info on the computer is -

Driver Description Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller
Driver Version 5.10.0.6220
Hardware ID PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_18041019&REV_50
Location Information PCI bus 0, device 17, function 5
PCI Device VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller
IRQ 10
Port E000-E0FF

here is my motherboard info as well just incase its needed.

Motherboard ID 08/03/2004-KM400-8235-6A6LYE1BC-00
Motherboard Name Abit VA-20 / ECS KM400-M Deluxe / KM400-M2 / KM400A-M2 / V7-2

Any and all help is always appreciated!

Also no system sound will play either. Thanks

Hey guys, me again, I read on another website that newer driver versions of AC97 can cause certain computers to loose there sound completley, and apparently downloading an older driver version - v5.10.0.3621 can fix this, so i found this driver version on download.com, but everytime i download it, and go to install it says via ac97 chipset is not found on my computer, but it is what i have, so now I'm just livid that I bought a computer I can't use, any help would be greatly appreciated before theres a computer shaped hole through my bedroom window, thanks all.

Go to Start>Run

type msinfo32.exe and press enter

You should see an entry called "System Model"(or something like that, I'm on a mac atm), that's your Motherboard. Post up the model number. You posted up so many in your first post I'm not sure which mobo you have :)

I did what you said and i got this : System Model - AWRDACPI is what it said, I searched up info using what everest said my motherboard name was which is:
Motherboard Name Abit VA-20 / ECS KM400-M Deluxe / KM400-M2 / KM400A-M2 / V7-2
and i got to a website with the newest drivers for my realtek ac97, but still the new drivers play no sound, from what I have read on the net the only driver that will work for my computer is v5.10.0.3621. thanks for the help!

Sorry the system model is either AWRDACPI or AWRDACPl, i can't tell if the last letter is and I or a small L in msinfo32, sorry for any confusion. it's an amd semperon 2200 1.9ghz if thats any help too

ok i'll be perfectly honest, some manufacturers are idiots and most newer (even some used) systems now come with soundcard jacks in the front and the back, usually just two on the front for quick access.

i used to sell machines that constantly were wired up so that the sound would only come from the two front jacks, so if you have more than one green coloured audiojack have you tried them in all ports?

i should also point out, cause im an idiot and forgot, if you have Windows XP SP3, that service pack upgrade played certain death with realtek soundcards back when it launched

Hey there, no I only have the set of ports in the back of my computer for audio, nothing in the front, but yes, the computer does have SP3, should I upgrade to SP4 or is there a way to downgrade to SP2?! SP3 is not in my add remove programs, i think the XP this guy installed on the computer came as SP3, also, im not sure if im correct but it seems my computer is recognizing my audio device as a PCI device, but isn't it part of my motherboards chipset or sumthing? Cause all my PCI ports are open? Could this possibly by why the sound won't work? Any and all help as always is most appreciated.

sp3 could be the problem, there is no sp4 as microsoft have officially stopped service support for windows XP,
this problem was all over the microsoft forums when sp3 was released, so it could be that.

to my knowledge they didnt release disks with SP3 already installed as it came out after they stopped creating the disks for XP, he gave you your CD key for your windows installation right? hopefully a disk

No I didn't get a disk or a key, i'll request one from him, is there anything else that I can do in the mean time to try and fix this?

get the key immediatly, thats the one part of the computer that will end up costing you if you lose it,

as for the drivers, with SP3 uninstall the sound card and then reinstall with the latest drivers as realtek more than likely fixed the sp3 issue

Hey, just went out and bought a new pci sound card, 30 bucks, works awesome, thanks for all the help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom