MSi G627-218

Status
Not open for further replies.

a DIRTY baqqer

Solid State Member
I have just gotten this laptop and it works great, but I do not know how to activate the internet. It says that I have to activate one of the LEDS(blue buttons) to activate my LAN but I do not know which button or key combo to hit to activate this and my internet will not work without it. Anyone with an MSi, help!

So you're looking for the Wifi button then? It's normally a button above the keyboard that looks like a radio tower with signal coming from it.
146037194_d7bede5cb7.jpg

It's probably an LED button, like you said, on your laptop.

yes, but mine is not a button. It glows blue when it is activated, but Idk the key combonation. Im almost positive there isnt just a single button that turns it on. I dont have the owners manual, for some reason they didnt send it with the computer. So...

i got an MSI myself. You need to turn on one of the botton just under the display. See where you ahve the ECO and Turbo Buttons. Look along to the right. You will have some symbols for Webcam, Bluetooth, Wireless, P1

Press the Wireless Logo.
It looks like the letter i with a circle going through it.

yes, but mine is not a button. It glows blue when it is activated, but Idk the key combonation. Im almost positive there isnt just a single button that turns it on. I dont have the owners manual, for some reason they didnt send it with the computer. So...

There is a single button that turns it on. Trust me. I have mine turned on right now as I post this post.

As for the owner's manual, you will find that on one of these driver CDs.

If I had my iPhone sync cable with me, I would take a photo and post it up. However that cable is at least another 1 1/2 hours away from me.

On my MSI it's a button to the upper left of the keyboard that looks like a satellite dish that turns it on. On some other laptops it's a little switch below the keyboard sort of along the "face" of the laptop that you push. You can't post a picture or something of your keyboard can you?

Press this button in order to turn on your wifi

Keep in mind, this is an MSI GX620. However I am of the understanding that GX627 is not much different in it's lay out.

Press this button, wait 30 second as it's detect your wireless network, then enter your WEP key.

Attachments

• msiinterwebbutton.jpg
    msiinterwebbutton.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 535
see that little button in the far left hand corner called FN? or func, that stands for function and most laptops have it to do multiple things like switch between a keyboard and a numpad.

hold function and look along the F keys, there should be a little wireless picture. press that button while holding function to turn wireless on or off,

as for connecting to a router that you posted in another thread, yes it will be slower than connecting straight to a modem because more than likely you have to go through a NAT firewall on the router, most times it isnt too noticeable though.

it will be noticeable if you have a slow connection and many people are on the network, wireless wont change that :p just things to think about later

The FN key has nothing to do with turning the wireless on or off
I just when through all the function keys just now and they do nothing with the WiFi connection.

the wireless button is a separate button all together. Press it and it lights up and the wireless turns on.

as for the owners manual, driver CD? :p you actually got one of these with your laptop.

most mass produced ones dont even come with one anymore, they always try to make you create a backup disk to back them all up, try the manufacturers website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom