What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, that PSU has two 6-pin and two 8-pin connectors, which would make Crossfiring 4850s impossible since each requires two 6-pin. An 8-pin does not fit in a 6-pin slot.

This is in the same price range (£2 cheaper) and has two 6-pin connectors, and two 6/8-pin connectors.
NQ-4775-850-FLEX - 850W NorthQ Black Magic Flex Modular Green PSU 80%+ Eff' 135mm Silent Fan Crossfire X/Quad SLi - Scan.co.uk
I also know it to be a good-quality PSU, I used it in a comp I built for a friend.

If you're interested, here's the difference:
An 8-pin connector
pcie8index.jpg

A 6/8-pin connector
pcie6plus2index.jpg

Images source: All about the various PC power supply cables and connectors

Right! Ok thanks alot man! Pictures helped a newbie like me, I guess I better not go CrossFire because it'll probably bring the price up; changing the motherboard & PSU. I'll just stick with the 4890 for now.

Thanks alot for help and patience :)

That PSU should be fine for xfire. I was leery of getting a Coolermaster PSU when I purchased mine, but it's been a great unit.

Corsair are just more popular and they are certainly great PSUs. However, Coolermaster are good too. I've been pleasantly surprised with my unit. It's really just what you want to go with. I'm saying, you will be fine with the CM even if it's not quite as popular with people on these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom