AMD Build, Want Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding your question on how well the 940 overclocks, I believe it held (or still holds) the world record for cpu clock? Of course it was using a ridiculous amount of liquid cooling, but you get the point. I had mine at 3.6 with the stock cooler, and now it's at 4.2 with the domino alc.

Regarding your question on how well the 940 overclocks, I believe it held (or still holds) the world record for cpu clock? Of course it was using a ridiculous amount of liquid cooling, but you get the point. I had mine at 3.6 with the stock cooler, and now it's at 4.2 with the domino alc.
yeah, liquid nitrogen. About -180ºC

Apokos right, in the reviews they said at about 1.5v on the CPU is about the limit before they heat up, but i doubt you will be using that much vcore anyway. for $20 is definitely an awesome deal, its just not a extreme overclocking board.

After the mail in rebate, the mobo is free, so if it breaks, who cares? About the monitor though, it says that it is "Full HD Ready". What does that mean? I am planning on using this computer for college and it will double as a TV. What do I need for this computer to be able to watch live television?

After the mail in rebate, the mobo is free, so if it breaks, who cares? About the monitor though, it says that it is "Full HD Ready". What does that mean? I am planning on using this computer for college and it will double as a TV. What do I need for this computer to be able to watch live television?
The monitor has HDMI so you can hook it up to a dvd player or blu ray pretty easily or set top box for digital TV. Otherwise if you wanted to watch through your PC you can get one of these

Newegg.com - Leadtek TV TUNER HDTV200 H PCI Interface - TV Tuners & Video Devices
thats the cheapest HD one i found, although its 1080i which is interleaved, you wont be ging to that high anyway.

it could be worth getting this as i know hauppage s pretty good for tuner cards
Newegg.com - Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1250 Hybrid Video Recorder 1196 PCI-Express x1 Interface - TV Tuners & Video Devices

either way both will let you watch TV just fine, if you dont want HD then just get a cheaper one from newegg.

Just wondering if anyone knew the answer to my previous question, will I need 32 mb of cache for my computer to not bottleneck?

Nah, the cache will give you slightly more performance, but not enough for you to be like , " OMG I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE ONE WITH MOAR CACHESSSSSS"

I remember one time somebody said that, or something like that haha. If you can opt for the 32mb cache one, I'd say go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom