Prob with dx58so

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneeb83

In Runtime
Hy guys......i recently built an i7 with the intel mobo.....but nowadays ive bin hereing a lot about the mobo.....one of my biggest concernes is that i heard that if all the 4 ram slots are occupied on the board the display nolonger works....right now i only have 3 ov the slots occupied an am temperarorly deprived of resources to test this thoery......can any body confirm it with a first hand experience?....help is greatly appreciated:-D

Well from what I have seen there appears to be a bios fix for the problem.

With that said, populating the 4th slot would not be a good idea as you would loose the ability to run triple channel mode and only run it in single channel. Triple channel mode is a big advantage with the i7 and ddr3 memory. I would not want to loose that.

How much memory do you have installed at the moment?

apparently with that board only the black dimm will be accessed at single channel speed, so the others will still run in triple channel and the single stick in the black dimm runs isolated at single speed. Since there is a bios update to fix this problem you can get the extra stick if you really need it.

So there is a problem and its no myth.....but there is a solution.....hmmmm.......Does the Bios Fix really work....my board is still under warrenty so i can return it......Betta find out the mistake sooner than later

The bios most definitely fix the issue if it states it will, go to intels site and update.

'Fixed system unable to boot with x4 2GB DIMMs.' - its most probably this issue which has been fixed in previous bios updates, regardless get the latest update since it has other fixes.

Intel® Desktop Board DX58SO BIOS Update [SOX5810J.86A]

the readme file on their has instructions on how to do a bios update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom