iPhone 3GS Owners Find Battery Life Lacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
iPhone 3GS Owners Find Battery Life Lacking

According to Apple's own product comparison page, the iPhone 3GS is supposed to have a slightly increased battery life in certain areas. However, owners interviewed in this LA Times article are finding a much different reality, paying a premium for phones that can't even last through a workday without being plugged in.

It's proving to be something of an Achilles' heel on Apple Inc.'s flagship device, more than 1 million of which were sold in the first weekend. Even the company suggests on its website that users disable some of the phone's most vaunted features, including the faster 3G network itself, to keep it from shutting down during the day.

This is true of nearly all phones.. just because the iPhone is so big it makes hit news. If i have bluetooth and 3G on all day and using my phone for texting and calls i need to charge it by the time i get home at 4pm from school (i leave at 8:30 with it fully charged.)

It's called turning off WiFi and Bluetooth when you aren't using it.

I'd love to hear the people complaining about it try to do better with all the features and functionality of the phone...

Yeah. I sort of finding that myself. I am normally used to having a phone that i would only have to charge up once every few days, or maybe even once a week. iPhone 3Gs i do really need to charge up every night.

Then again, a few tips would be to turn off both wireless and bluetooth when you are not needing it.

Just getting into work this morning, i killed about 25% of my battery by using the Bluetooth to play my MP3 via my car stereo. I think I see myself just picking up a stereo cable and plugging it into the external media player jack on my stereo.

I'm debating on whether or not I should pick one up with my rebate from the old apartment or stay the course and get a monitor that isn't a CRT...

LCD Monitors are so over rated.

How's that ? CRT's barely look better anymore and LCD's are 10x thinner. If i had 2x 22inch CRT's on my desk i'd be able to fit nothing else on. They'd come right up to the edge.

But back on topic, i don't really care if the battery only lasts like 6 to 9 hours, because i'm rarely going to be without a charger for that long. I don't think it will be long 'till you'll find custom higher capacity iphone 3gs batteries on ebay anyway.

LCD Monitors are so over rated.

Yeah, they're totally not worth buying if my CRT blurs everything when there's a white background, so I get a headache from trying to read smaller text.

--

I can't imagine anyone buying a PDA and expect the battery to last as long as some lame nokia bar phone. It's just not going to happen.

I'd love to hear the people complaining about it try to do better with all the features and functionality of the phone...
Couldn't have said it better. When you're playing music/movies, browsing the web, texting, talking, that's a lot for a phone to do. Maybe people should go back to the old brick phones if they want long battery life :rolleyes:

Used my phone properly for the first time today. Had to go into town to a few places with my sister, so used the GPS for a good 1hour, used 3G internet to search for stuff. Called people a few times, texted friends, played games for about 45minutes when i was bored.

Left at 10am with full battery, got back at 2pm with 40percent left. So meh, yeh you can run the battery down quick. But for that 5hour timespan i was using my phone for probably 3.5hours and not just light tasks.

So it should go through a normal day where your only checking your phone a few times perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom