Arriving tomorrow. Couple Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
My computer is supposed to be here tomorrow. A couple questions.

- Do I apply the thermal paste to the heatsink or the cpu? I read the heatsink because it might not cover the entire area of the cpu.

-- Do I install the heatsink before installing the motherboard in the case? I have the Xigmatek dark knight.

If anymore come up I will ask.

Not sure if it makes a huge difference on which you put it.

Also I would install the heat sink before putting in the case so you have more room to work with.

The hardest part is going to be wire management . Generic Mid Tower case.. I love it but am going to have to cut it. The inside anyways lol.

Yeah I had to do a fair amount of cutting to get my case they way I wanted it.

Just make sure and mark the holes you need to mount you mb so you do not cut those out. :)

Everyone is correct that it is easier to mount your heatsink before the motherboard goes into the case.

Yep always best to mount the HSF first, i would also make sure you put the motherboard in then the graphics card, sometimes the hard drive in small cases makes the motherboard installation awkward, and the big cards are difficult to navigate to their pci-e slot.

Personally i thin its better to apply thermal tot he CPU because often with different setups the cpu cooler may not be directly in the center of the chipset. I like to spread mine out evenly with an old ID card but the pressure from the cooler spreads it out fine when you put it ontop anyway. Have fun! Post pics

I received my stuff. I have an issue. I installed the proccessor but the metal clasp wont go down. I don't want to force it. I installed it just like the manual said. And it fell in. What the heck is going on?

putting the bar down requires a little more pressure than you would think is necessary. You actually bend the bar with the pressure just a bit to get it to lock in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom