Getting up than 3.6Ghz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nino_ca

Baseband Member
hello all.

i have a phenom II 940, my motherboard is a Asus M3A78, 8gb memory corsair xms2 800.
watercooler thermaltake with 2 radiators and a HD3850.

i made a overclock on this and got 3.6 vcore at 1.5 (cos 1.45 is wasnot stable)with memory at 960 timming at 5-5-5-13.
i didnot touch in NB voltage and PCI rate

i tried to up a bit more the clock, but i get blue screen of death always, .

my power supply is a 600W real

iam doing something wrong? what should i do to this work highter than 3.6?

what are your load temps @ 3.6

did you test to make sure your ram is stable @ 960 with those timings
you could also try to remove 4gigs of the ram.

well load temps do not pass of 49C, and i didnot try to use 4gb of ram, but i tryed 3,7 with memories at 800 and had same issue

and yes, it is stable at 3.6 with ram at 960

well, seems you and antec-user have the same problem, perhaps he will come in here and share his work.

i hit the wall @ 3.75 with my phenom on air.

did you try overclocking with just the multiplier yet? say 200x18.5, 200x 19, 200x19.5, 200x20?

Ahhehm..
4.0g Help (PII 940) - Overclockers Forums

A thread I started on the OC forums.. I can't get it to boot a 3.8g, no mater what I did. 3.7g for me runs fine, but it's not stable for long periods. Did you up your CPU/NB Mult and Voltage? Find the HT link sweet spot? -800mhz for me. When did you buy your CPU? I got mine early this year when it came out, I'm hoping the production dates would help work the bugs out.

What's your Vcore on the 3.5? CPUZ Screenshot? You can do the 3.5g on just the multiplier.. Check the last couple pages of the AMD OC thread.. I put some stuff in there..

1- Run the bear minimum RAM 2 or 4 gigs, and drop the freq down to 800 or 600 (Depending on your FSB)
2- What are your load temps?
3- My ram timings helped very little, I tried 4-4-4-12, 5-5-5-15 and 5-5-5-16, 15 seems to run fine.
4- lock your ram voltage at the recommended voltage on the stick
5- NB Volt @ 1.20 or 1.30
6- HT Volt @ 1.30 (1.20??, I forgot)
7- a 64b OS doesn't help clocks at all. 32b is better for OCing, less strain on the processor and less info it has to deal with.
8- Phenoms do not like heat.

Since the HT link and the NB are directly connected to the processing unit, if you just up the CPU cycles, it will basically bottleneck when information/cycles get to each of those two sections, so you have to speed those up as well..

Here's a thread that I found VERY helpful.
Dolk's Guide to the Phenom II - Overclockers Forums

did you try overclocking with just the multiplier yet? say 200x18.5, 200x 19, 200x19.5, 200x20?

ye, thats what i said, i tried 3.7 with memory at 800 and got same issue

Actually, you mentioned nothing about only using your multiplier. So don't pretend you did.

Have you tried lowering your multiplier and going for higher FSB? If so, what were your results?

Also, it's always good to find your board's FSB max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom