Headsets and Mice

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzmxer608

Fully Optimized
I recently started using Skype to talk to my internet buddies instead of msn (I've found I like it a lot). Right now I'm using a mic from my old computer. It's not attached to a headset, just a mic on a wire. It's hard to place it anywhere in range where it will pick my voice up at a normal level (not being really quiet). The people I talk to complain of background noise from my speakers and keyboard. So I started to look at headsets today. Found this one and it seemed pretty cool: Newegg.com - KOSS SB45 3.5mm Circumaural Multi-Media Stereophone Does anyone have any experience with this headset, or can vouch for it's quality and functionality?

One of the people I talk to has a track ball mouse (something kind of like this: Newegg.com - Logitech 904346-0403 Silver 3 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB or PS/2 RF Wireless TrackBall Cordless TrackMan Wheel - Mouse) He says he likes it, gives your wrist a break. Right now I'm using the mouse that came with the computer and I find it's not really comfortable. As far as use goes, I surf the net, use PS, a little 3d modeling, and normal Windows use (going through files, moving windows around ect.). Would a trackball be more beneficial compared to a higher end conventional mouse? I've had my eye on this one: Newegg.com - OCZ Technology Behemoth Black USB Wired Laser 3200 dpi Gaming Mouse - Mouse.

What do you guys think of these?

cant really comment on the headset, but for the mouse, i find that a trackball works only if you are doing like some basic net surfing and such, pretty much the stuff that you said you did.

but as far as for anything that requires a kind of faster response, it might be iffy. i have used one often at a relatives house, and even if im playing like a simple flash game or mmo, you need more of a two-button mouse to keep up with the game. this is just my view ofcourse, but i found it even more difficult to use when i tried playing a fps. some people might like it though. i found that since i wasent use to it, my thumb ended up hurting more because its what you really use to move the mouse.

if your wrist hurts a bit after a while, maybe you need something like this

Newegg.com - BELKIN WaveRest F8E244-BLK Gel Wrist Pad - Mouse Pads & Accessories

maybe not this exact one, but something like it. they have ones similar to this in my local library and they are actually pretty comfortable.

My wrist doesn't hurt, but I was just wondering if it would be easier to use. I get what you mean about the response, I'm not sure if I would like that. I might just go for a regular mouse, is that one I linked any good? Thanks for the info :).

to be honest, i dont know :)

i just use the ol' little plastic standard mouse. it gets the job done...

i guess that ocz mouse would be more contoured to your hand and have a faster response time? someone else might be able to have a better input on that.

I have a gel wrist thing built into my mouse pad, picked it up from staples for 12.99. They are amazingly comfortable. I didn't think I'd need it either, bought it for my parents mostly but they are nice.

I have a logitech something laser mouse that was supposed to be fast, and it is. Pushed the little slider all the way up too. Takes a bit of getting used to and its annoying at first. But now I can move my cursor all the way across the screen by just moving my fingers about halfway extended in any direction. Wrist doesn't move at all.

Not sure about headsets, Gaming Headsets USB PCI Sound Cards - Turtle Beach , has a bunch of higher end ones that are amazing quality.

Thanks, I think I'll just get a laser mouse thats fast, I think it would be too hard getting used to it, plus you would have get used to the regular mice if you use a different computer somewhere. As far as headsets go, I don't want something extravagant, just something that's pretty good quality, and comfortable since I won't use it a whole lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom