*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

Well in terms of Superpi the Phenom 2 pretty much does suck...and in terms of 24/7 stable daily clocks it's not really my top pick either.

As for bang/buck gaming performance it's way up at the top of the list though IMO.

Oh yeah! I LOVE this processor as far as multi-tasking! it's a monster with that.. I guess I'm just getting a little jealous of the i7 clocks and stream processors and how much more it handles over the PII 940....... But as it stands now, I can't justify the cost to switch to the i7... I already have one of the top PII CPU's as it is.. another $500 for an i7 build would almost have to be done with lottery earnings, because I'm not spending that money... Prolly not for a year or so.. I got bills to catch up on..

You act as if a Phenom II X4 sucks, I'm on a X2 5000+ which is still pretty good, even if its low-end by today's standards.

And you got it past 3.0ghz too? That's solid for today's games too
I was just kidding around, as far as the Phase change and the insane clocks. and it runs 3.0g stock.. it'll do 3.5 on air and without touching the VCore.. So for me being on liquid and having a decent enough rig, hitting the wall @ 3.8g is a setback for me.

Probably badly set thermal paste?

Stream Processors o_O we're not talking about a video card here man

SuperPi is pretty terrible for comparing different CPU architectures.

I need to do some work on my watercooling. Get this kink out of the tubes, and probably lap the EK supreme. I'm not getting the temps I should ATM.

my bad.. getting terms mixed up.. I forgot what it is I was lookin for.... Line processors? just woke up from a nap, gotta take advantage of days off.. lol

That's what I was thinking too, but I just re-did my past w a CC and it actually runs hotter now.. See my thread in this section about it..

Just a touch faster
8.674s
3685467153_843926defe_o.jpg

Sry hikaricloud...I think it will be awhile before I post another score (well till someone goes a little faster :freak:).
Thank you! for keeping the scores as up to date as you have been.

I think it depend's on how many processes/services are running, if both were running the same amount of processes with the same amount of cpu usage, I don't know if there would be a noticeable difference.

Back
Top Bottom