Windows me Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niobe1

Solid State Member
Ok I have windows 98 on my lap top.Its a pentium 120 I know it not A fast computer but I am haveing so many problems with 98. I was wondering if there was any way I could install windows Me on this computer.When I try to install it A window pops up saying I need A 150 or higher. I was wondering if I could go around that and get rid of windows 98...Any help would be appreciated ..Niobe:D

98 is more stable than ME. ME was the worst thing to hit the market with memory leaks, frequent crashes etc... I would stick to 98 if I were you.

Niobe1 said:
Ok I have windows 98 on my lap top.Its a pentium 120 I know it not A fast computer but I am haveing so many problems with 98. I was wondering if there was any way I could install windows Me on this computer.When I try to install it A window pops up saying I need A 150 or higher. I was wondering if I could go around that and get rid of windows 98...Any help would be appreciated ..Niobe:D

What problems are you having with 98

If anything I would do a reinstall of 98 instead of going to ME like zerozero said ME sucks

The problem I am haveing is it is not picking up the cd rom.I bought the laptop used and I dont have A copy of 98 but I do have a copy of windows ME. I thought that I might have A bunch of currupted files on 98. for it not to pick up the cd rom so I thought I would just reinstall windows ME.
Any Ideas?

Is your CD ROM detected in the bios (will be displayed during POST or hit alt key at startup to check if it is detected). If YES then:
under 98, go into device management (control panel, system, hardware, device manager), locate CD-ROM and delete it. Reboot and windows will install a fresh set of drivers.
Post back here if that doesn't fix it and post your system specs for the laptop.

Win98SE is the most stable MS-OS short of XP-Pro.

I wouldn't touch WinME with a ten foot pole...and neither would MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom