does this look right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
ok i have a casemod im doing on the galaga theme. its all going to be 8bit. im also building it out of wood blocks to get the square 8bit feel.
ok so i have the front plate done, but the blocks dont line up perfectly. the most is 1/16th off but still. i could make it out of one peice of plywood instead of blocks. im thinking the blocks offset a little bit add depth and bring out the 8bit style. give me your opinons. (ill sand the edges smooth)
Picture001-6.jpg

Picture004-4.jpg

Picture003-5.jpg

Picture002-7.jpg

thats the first glue. ill sand the outside edges smooth

OK as this is for a some what intresting case mod I have moved it from OT to the right area, please do not post threads in OT just to get a faster response / more page views.

^ Holy crap that's amazing! Worth the 10 min watch!

I started building a case out of wood, but was afraid it wouldn't turn out as nice as the mountain mods case I modeled it after, so I gave up on it.

yea i saw the 8bit case mod. his blocks are all perfect. mine are off maybe a 1/16th every half the time. so ill prob just sand em down. you think this is a good general look tho?

and to saxon: alright my bad bro, ill remember that.

Could turn out looking real cool, but I would fix those blocks up so that there aren't so many crooked and/or different sized in the bunch. What colors are you going to use?

yea on the big panel my monitor will block that. im going to sand the edges smooth which is good so thatll clean it up alot

What about running it through a wood planer when you're done with a flat section..

I would need to see what exactly you're shooting for, as far as an idea... It's a little abstract to me right now... but an A for effort, thus far.. :D

i dont have a wood planer unfortuanately. i mean when looking right at it, i like that the panels are a little bit off, or else when i paint it the cracks might not be able to be seen. but the edges that would help alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom