PC Power cuts out

Status
Not open for further replies.
GPU isn't over heating anymore. I just put the fan at a constant 37percent and it idles at 51c and max's out at around 75c (acceptable for a ATI 4870).

I do need a new PSU though. I wonder if it's possible for me to get a good PSU appropiate for the GTX295 with £60. Any ideas ? I'd buy from ebuyer.com so if you have any knowledge in the subject and could take a look i'd be greatful.

I do know a bit about which PSU's are good and bad but my knowlegde is somewhat limited.

I'll look around and see what I can dig up. Is ebuyer listed in pounds or american dollars? I' m not familiar with the conversion.

EDIT: nevermind, I see that it is listed in lbs. Thanks. By the way, what are your wattage requirements?

Here is a nice OCZ, the same brand that I myself own. I can testify to it's quality. The only difference between this one and the one that I own is modularity. It is listed at ebuyer for 55 lbs. and free shipping. As I am not sure if this site allows links, I will simply give you the item number. Just go to ebuyer.com and search for product number 127861. Depending on your wattage requirements, this would be a decent one for your budget. Feel free to browse around though, but I would steer away from all but a few manufacturers when it comes to PSUs. Some of the more reputable ones are, for the budget minded, Antec, OCZ, Corsair, Thermaltake. As for the buyer with too much money to blow, there are the top of the line manufacturers such as Tagan and Silverstone, however, these are usually way too expensive for the 'average' buyer. By no means is this a definitive end all, be all list of quality PSU manufacturers, but simply a reference. Good luck and if you have any other questions, just post and I'll do whatever is in my knowledge to help.

Thanks. Yes you are allowed to post links.

That PSU seems good quality but i'm not sure 600W is enough for a nVidia GTX295, remember a 295 is a dual-gpu graphics card and loves lots of power.

Minimum specs for psu:
680watt with 46amps on the 12volt rail.

Corsair or PC Power and Cooling 750watt are the least I would go for.

And I agree with the psu problem. I was just hoping to find something other than the psu itself that could be the issue.

Have you cleaned out the fan on it with a can of compressed air?

WOW, the 295 needs that much power, that's almost twice the requirements of my 9800GTX+. Glad I didn't get one of those...heheh. As I'm sure Hef knows what he is talking about, you could look into the ones he has suggested, although I'm pretty sure the Corsair would be over your budget. The thing to remember is that you don't want to buy down and have to replace it in a month. If you have to spend a few extra pounds, it will be worth it in the long run. Maybe search for those PSUs listed by Hef on pricewatch.com to get the lowest price, but just be careful that you are ordering from a reputable company that is going to send you new equipment and not some old used thing. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom