Wanting to upgrade my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Hik and SOUL its been nice talking to the two of you and thanks so much for the help! also Hiki i saw where you was posting on the ps3 forums... if you wanna add my PSN you can D_o_v_i_n_i_o_n my ps3 runs whatever i want it to ^_^ haha!

Sorry mate, I'm not cool enough to have a PS3. :p Just a PS2.

But hey, it's no prob. If you have any other questions about the build and such, feel free to ask.

The e1400 is a good overcloker so buying a new cpu is unnecessary, you would be better of grabbing a good p45 or p43 motherboard and a Sunbeam core contact heat sink and overclocking the Celeron. Crysis isn't very cpu intensive anyways so you should be fine if you can get at least 2.5ghz.

These parts are $400 before mail in rebates and would give you a better chance of running Crysis with the settings you want.

Newegg.com - XFX GX260XADJF GeForce GTX 260 Core Edition Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Yeah but it's still a Allendale and it's not like the 7850 is top of the line either. Besides considering it's graphics crysis is actually pretty easy on the cpu. My brothers system can run it on high DX9 at 1440x900 with a x2 5200+ and HD 4850 and if the e1400 was overclocked to 2.5ghz or so, which should be possible on stock voltage, it would be about as good as his x2. GT200's are great at Crysis and the GTX 260 Core 216 would be the single most beneficial upgrade as far as maxing it out is concerned.

Never said a 7750/7850 was top of the line, that would be pretty foolish. But a bottleneck is a bottleneck. Any really nice video card will still be bottlenecked by the Celeron, not so much for Crysis requirements.

Besides, at 1024x768, a GTX 260 would be overkill if you ask me, the GTS 250 is more than enough to handle it, especially for that cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom