Need Help with Deciding on new Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravoleaderb16

Beta member
Hey ppl im planning on buying a new graphics card... right now i have a 780G ATi HD3200 2gb and it works fine but doesn't have much output for certain games... Like i need it to handle Crysis... fear.. stalker... bioshock maxed out completely... but for an AMAZINGLY GOOD graphics card its gonna cost at least 500$ but on new egg Ive been seeing some cheap cards... but ill get to the point i need a card under 150$ with at least a 1gb memory... PCI express 2.0 x16... and it has to be better than HD3200

But im mostly only needing a new card for the new STALKER Call Of Pripyat

Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 / AMD 64 X2 5600+ 2 GB RAM
512 MB DirectX® 9.0c compatible card / nVIDIA® GeForce™ 9800 GTX / ATI Radeon® HD 4850

What my Pc Specs are: Windows Vista Home Premium Gateway DX4200-09
AMD Phenom 9150e Quad-Core Processor 1.8 GHz
DDR2 4 gig ram

SO IF ANY ONE KNOWS OF A GRAPHICS CARD THAT FITS MY REQUIREMENTS POST IT UP HERE! I NEED TO FIND THE CARD BEFORE NOVEMBER! thanks

If you do not need the card until Nov there is no need for us to make a recommendation at this point in time.

By Nov the cards we show you now will drop in price and there will be new cards to choose from.

Hit us up in Oct. and we will find you a nice card that will fit your budget.

btw: I edited out your email so the spambots do not pick up on it saving you copious amounts of spam.

You will also need a new PSU as a decent graphics card will require more juice than the one currently in your computer.

Excellent point Trot. Misread the post a bit. Your computer comes with a 300wat psu and that will indeed be a problem.

Most higher end cards will require between at least 450 to 550watts.

I think he wants to play some stuff now too, so here are a few options:

$143 after MIR - Newegg.com - PNY VCGGTX260CXPB GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
$145 - Newegg.com - XFX HD-487A-ZHFC Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I say go with the 260 if you don't have World at War. If you do, go with the 4870 cause you won't have to deal with the hassle of a MIR.

Almost forgot, what is your res? I'm pretty sure both of those cards can max Crysis with the exception of AA and AF at 1680x1050 and below since my 285 can just do it at 1920x1200. Nvidia cards are better in Crysis, so with a nice OC, you might be able to max the game at 1920x1200 with the 260.

This looks ok despite the quad 12v rials its over 80% efficient
Newegg.com - Rosewill RG530-2 530W 80Plus Certified, ATX12V v2.3/EPS12V v2.91, SLI Ready, Active-PFC Power Supply, UL,FCC,CE,TUV,ROHS - Power Supplies
This is also a good cheap psu
Newegg.com - Antec Basiq BP500U 500W Continuous Power ATX12V Version 2.01 Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

I dont think you going to be maxing out any games with that cpu though, you may have to think about selling that computer off and rebuilding, or upgrading your cpu. If gateway have thier own motherboards made then you will have to replace the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom