Blur-Ray burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
I am considering buying a Blu-ray burner and I was wondering what you guys thought about it? Is there any real practical use for having a blu-ray burner at this point and if so what is it?

If you're moving tons of data over and the only method you have is blu-ray. Blu-ray burners IN MY OPINION are a bit silly at this point. If you have lots of blu-rays on your computer and want to put them on blu-ray discs so you can watch them, that's one thing but other than that there isn't a big need for blu-ray burners.

The problem right now is BD media is so expensive still. If you wanting it to copy movies then you'd probably be money ahead just buying the movie. If you're looking to backup data then a flash drive is almost more practical.

If I wanted a blu-ray player to put in my HTPC would that be a good investment or can I somehow put blu-ray movies on my pc without having a blu-ray player and just play them by digital means? ( i know that probably sounds dumb... )

You would have to obtain them illegally and they'd take up a very substantial amount of HDD space, but it is possible. I'm of the opinion that a BD drive is a good investment for an HTPC. I personally have the LG super multi drive that will also play HD-DVDs which are cheap right now cause they are clearing out inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom