Wanting to upgrade my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hikiari if you can point me in the right direction to get that beta i might have to do that lol me and soul were talking about finding drivers for xp after my downgrade but its looking impossible haha

The reason they say that is because Vista is a resource hog in comparison to XP. It's not a literal requirement, it's more like a guideline. Crysis won't take up 3.2ghz of your CPU in vista. ;)

The dual I linked you to is 2.7ghz, but like with the GPU, ghz is not the only measure of speed.

FYI, Win7 is a lot more resource friendly than Vista. here's the download link: Windows 7 Release Candidate Customer Preview Program

And Harnar, first off, the 4770 is 110 bucks on newegg right now. They are no long worth getting, since the 4850's are under 100 bucks in some cases.

And the GTS 250 is better than either of them, at a steal of a price. Hence, why I picked it.

EDIT2: Correction, 4770's are ranging from 100 to 120 bucks, and the only ones in stock are 120 bucks. No.

where can i find windows 7 at? i tried looking for it before but everytime i hit a link it was people talking about the download and not actually giving the download :( lol

Hikiari if you can point me in the right direction to get that beta i might have to do that lol me and soul were talking about finding drivers for xp after my downgrade but its looking impossible haha

I didn't find any drivers specifically for Windows 7 either, but you should have more luck getting the Vista drivers to run on Win7 than on Xp.

There are a few out there specifically for Win7 (beta drivers), but really, it's just using Vista drivers for the most part.

Haha its downloading :) 3.05 gb file its certainly inst the smallest OS in the world :p lol but i would rather have windows 7 then xp :p from what ive seen windows 7 just looks really good i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom