Wanting to upgrade my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaseDishner

Solid State Member
I have an eMachines ET-1641 2Ghz dual core processor 2GB of ram(non upgradable i think?) and a 512MB ddr3 video card that i put in the computer.

The added video card greatly increased my perofromance but im still wanting my computer to be able to play Crysis and graphical games like that without frame rate lag (27 fps and under)

Any idea what I should upgrade next?

I doubt you'll be able to upgrade it enough to handle Crysis...according to emachines, you're running a Celeron E1400, which will be a big bottleneck right there. Especially with Crysis being CPU intensive.

Honestly, your best bet may just be to save up for a new computer.

What video card did you put in there?

EDIT: Original specs: eMachines Official Site - - ET1641-02w Product Details

NVidia GeForce 9600

Thats really sad to hear :( i was looking forward to playing that game since i bought it haha also im on a very small budget so saving for a new computer might be a while for me

Well, you were going to have to get more than a new video card anyway, I'm sure you would have needed a new PSU to go with it. Not sure what your board supports CPU wise, but I'm sure nothing too high end, which means you'd have to replace the mobo...

Crysis is a ridiculously intensive game. I don't think it'd even be playable at lowest settings on that rig...have you tried?

yeah on the lowest settings in some places i have smooth frame rates but when action hits... i cant say the same haha but in the mining looking area underground my computer rocks it with graphics all the way up action or not I guess because its not as big as the out side area... also im playing Crysis warhead not the first crysis. i can play Doom 3 full quality Quake 4 full quality and half life 2 full quality just not crysis lol

I mean, you could spend money on a video card and a new PSU, it might help. But that Celeron will hold you back a bit.

What kind of budget do you have?

not much of one right now... I was just hoping to get a job and add some of my pay to my pc upgrading budget :) i guess a moderate amount. Lets say $300? i guess i would need a new processor memory and motherboard

300 bucks, eh? Hmm. If you can save up a couple more hundred you'd be golden. Lemme see what I can work out to give you an idea, alright?

You can reuse your hard drive, optical drive, and possibly your RAM...

Download this program and use it to check what speed RAM you have: CPUID

EDIT: Also, what size monitor do you have?

Thanks very much :) and my RAM is 800Mhz i opend my computer case and checked... ps i cant get online with that computer right now :p if you check my other thread about internet problems after my downgrade youll see what im talking about haha

Im using a 27" LCD TV for a monitor 1080i
My resolution i set for most of my games is 1024x768

Ahh, fair enough. You should be able to reuse that memory no prob, that will help.

I have a couple ideas I'm working on, sticking as close to 300 bucks as possible, but if nothing else, this will give you a ballpark on what you need to save up still. Give me a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom