Dusting my rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

up-smash

In Runtime
I don't have compressed air, so what other ways can I go about dusting and cleaning the inside of my rig?

I would imagine a damp rag would be a bad thing.

Well I have used a vacuum with a soft brush attachment. No, don't use a damp rag, that would be bad. Canned air would be a good investment.

Well I have used a vacuum with a soft brush attachment. No, don't use a damp rag, that would be bad. Canned air would be a good investment.

doesn't a vacuum create some kind of static electricity that is bad for the components?

Well it could I suppose, but it certainly is less risky than a wet rag. And I have never zapped anything using a vacuum. I haven't had any problem. You could use one of those monitor cleaning pads if you wanted to be safe. Im sure someone has a better idea, just telling you what I have had luck with.

You can pick up some PC Cleaning Vacuume Clean kit. They are an extra attachment that you can put on your vacuum cleaner.

Personally i am a big fan of using Canned Air and you can reach into places that you can normally not reach. And do not be too scared to take apart fans and heat sinks.

canned air......uhmmm

maybe a small kind of duster type thing for the easy out in open areas that are large enough for it?

dad has a lot of pellet rifle accessories like big compressed air tanks and pumps for them...so cleaning a PC is easy for me :\ so maybe find a friend (or you) that's into that or paintball.....

but still..compressed air in any form is the best way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom