Lenovo 3000 n100 new ebay battery isn't right

Status
Not open for further replies.

bd2988

Solid State Member
Hello all. I was over on Lenovo's forums, and no one could offer me any input on my situation. I have a Lenovo 3000 n100, and this new battery that I bought on ebay (5200mAh) discharges quickly (according to PC Wizard, it charges to the full 57720 mWh) . It last approximately 1 hour 30 mins (I'm being generous), if I am barely doing anything. I reduced brightness, reduced cpu voltage (0.95v), and disabled many devices (bluetooth, usb controller, etc.). I have calibrated this battery several times. Some things to note: It takes two presses of the power button to turn on the laptop when running on battery, and the battery sits at 0% for several minutes (up to 45 mins). Is this a defective battery? I am thinking that it is, because I have another laptop with a 4400mAh battery, with a little over half of its capacity left (2800mAh), and it holds a better charge than this one. I have a feeling that the seller that sold this to me isn't going to make it easy for me to exchange it. Any input is welcome!

Could it possibly show being charged to full capacity, and in fact not be (ie, the capacity it is showing is not correct, and is actually less)?

^ Maybe, if you want, leave it plugged in over night and then check it out.

Otherwise it sounds defective to me because it should last longer and the other symptoms you are describing aren't indicative of a new battery. Contact the seller for a refund or exchange and if they are not willing you can file for one through ebay or paypal.

The Lenovo batteries for this model aren't the greatest either, they have PCB problems. I opened my old battery and found that all of the cells were still holding a 2.5v+ charge, yet the battery was showing 0%. I figured I would save myself from these PCB problems and get a battery from a different manufacturer. Now I'm stuck with this crappy battery and have to go through the hassle of getting a refund or exchange.

I've had really good luck with ebay batteries, I'm just really selective of who I buy from. I've only bought Lenovo batteries when I'm doing a job and that means I buy them direct. They're seriously expensive, though, even the old ones can easily be $150-200.

Don't buy from "Outletforparts" on ebay, the guy won't do anything to help. He'll sell you defective crap and then act like he doesn't know you.

Is it common for these laptops, while running on battery, to take two presses of the power button to power on? I have tried two different batteries, and yet it still takes two presses. When on A/C, it takes only one. Anyone ever heard of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom