Need help with i7 and triple channel OC'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah you will have to adjust their voltage to 1.65 and may or may not need to change timings but it is real easy. 160 bclk is nice for running your ram at 1600 with a 10x RAM multi.

I actually run 160 bclk at 1.2 vcore (stock is 1.25). If you have the latest bios you can run a x21 multi which will give you a clock speed of 3.4.

Hefe I seem to be having some problems with the 160baseclock.
When I set it to 160 and have the ram freq set at 1604 I am asked to reconfigure bios settings or return to default.
When I do this I have the DRAM bus voltage set to 1.64V and everything else set to auto. Am I missing something?
When I changed DRAM bus voltage to 1.65 it seems to go red and switch to 1.66, is this what I should be doing?

yes actually on my board when I set it to 1.65 it goes to 1.66 and has run just fine. If I set the "automatic" (it is something like xms i believe) OC setting for 1600 ram the bios will do it itself.

Just posting my results since i have virtually the same build as you guys

I ran my Vcore at 1.25 stock.
Ram is 1555Mhz i think
All other settings are stock.
Cpu is currently doing 3.7ghz on stock voltage and is running in prime 95 for hours stable as ever.

I'm very happy with the ability of this chip to overclock over a ghz of speed on stock volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom