Computer Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora D.

Baseband Member
Ok, so my built-from scratch computer has been running well, but at first I had trouble loading windows 7. I eventually got it loaded, but not before I was halfway through getting windows xp on the system because I got frustrated. I stopped it halfway throuhg loading, but I think it portioned or sectored off a ton of my memory. Right now my memory is at 127 GB, free and used. So I was wondering if you think this is what happened?

Ok, thank you everyone. I'll try that Hef, anyways, thanks again:D

Ok, I did it. All I had to do was go to the disk manager and click on extend partition. Now I have 524 GB free!!

I would just like to clarify one thing for future reference, which could lead to misinformation. What you speak of is, in fact, hard drive space and not memory. Although confusing at first, the difference can be metaphored as thus: Think of memory as the top of your desk and your hard drive as the drawer of files beneath it. You pull a certain file out of the drawer (hard drive) to work with and place it on the desktop (memory). The size of your desktop (memory) determines the number of files that can be pulled from the drawer (desktop) to be worked on at one time. Hope this helps to enlighten you on the difference between memory and hard drive space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom