building new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebrat598

Beta member
I have recently put together a new computer ,I used an AMD based motherboard combo with processor.

I attached all componets , which are new and have been checked in another unit.

There is power to all componets but there is no picture on the monitor .

So it hard to tell if the harddrive is even working. (it does work in other machines?

Any suggestions on how to get this thing working??

Thanks

I used an AMD based motherboard combo with processor.
Good choice :)

Well.....I swear this is the 10th time in like 3 days I've suggested this....buuuuut it sounds like your CPU mah man. Thats usually the common case when it powers up like fans spinning and all that jazz...power is clearly on...but nothing happens....Does it POST...does it beep? Does it do ANYTHING at all? If not....then theres a good chance your CPU is Damaged...or incorrectly installed...Did you buy it as a combo? If so RMA it......especially if you've said you've tried ALL other components in another machine and they worked. Suppose you could try taking off the heatsink and reseating it.....also try clearing the CMOS for the hell of it and not only use the jumpers but remove the battery too. If you got a spare CPU put that in the motherboard that way if it boots up you KNOW its the CPU...if it still doesn't boot....then it is the motherboard. Bout all I can suggest to ya's :) Good luck hope you get it working

Check all your components and make sure they're all securely insterted into their slots. Ram, Video card, etc.... This is the most common problem when starting up a new computer. Also if you have any beep codes going on, check your MOBO manual and see what they mean. It could give you various hints as to what it could be. Good luck..

this happend to me, try the gfx card, i took it in the car to the shop, and the ride shook it enough to get it working, wierd

if it is giving a single beep, then the computer is fine, it's just a problem with the monitor or cable, try a different cable for the monitor and see if it helps
if it is giving more than one beep, listen to what they are (i.e. 2 long, 1 short) and look up in your motherboard manual what the code is
if it's not giving any beeps at all, it could be the motherboard or the chipset. first thing make sure all the components are in properly, sometimes it doesn't POST if a component is not in properly. if that doesn't work, replace the battery on the motherboard, then if that doesn't work, try and get it RMA'd

does ur monitor get a signal when you first turn it on, then suddenly go off before anything can appear on the screen, but the fans keep going? I had this problem when my computer was overheating. Sometimes the computer would work after about 20mins but 1 day it didnt comp back on even when left to cool right down. When this happened I just took the heatsink on and off and it booted, I suggest that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom