fan issue with nzxt tempest

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
After hearing some humming noises for awhile coming from inside of my case I started to investigate...

after opening the case I noticed it was the side window fan. Some how it's become loose ? Like..it's wobbling up n down while it spins.

Is there anyway to tighten this ? I've tried to kinda just pull it back towards the base but that didn't work.

Any suggestions? Case is starting to get on my nerves..I've had nothing but issues with it :\

It looks like it is just screwed into the side panel.

Perhaps make some type of rubber washer to go between the fan holes and the side panel?

Are the screws holes stripped?

screws don't have wholes period. Looks to be held in (on the inside of case) but some uhmm....dunno what they are called but are like the plastic things on the back of push pin heatsinks...the things where you squeeze in and push it.

I'm gonna try to remove the fan and see what i can do with it off

okay..i'm ignorant. You pushed and they came out extremely easy/simple.

Anyway: the front of the fan appears to be cracked. I'm sure it was like that shipped but I never noticed it.

Uhm k..took the blades off to where the motor is exposed..it's no longer spinning period.

i'll edit back with pictures.

OK I was going off pictures I found. I do not like using those plastic holders.
Maybe you could find some bolt and nut combo that would look nice and hold it firm. A small rubber washer would help here with vibrations.

i was talking about the bolts that held it to the fan.

When i said the fan was wobbly I meant the fan inside the fan casing.

Okay more news..I took the blade off the motor and now it won't even spin period lol :\

so i guess i'm looking at buying a new fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom