Opinions on i7 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making changes once again.

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S75QB 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7 - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1600LV6GK - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-LGA1366 LGA 1366 Core I7 Retention Bracket - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Newegg.com - XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

or

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Samsung burner currently OOS

Switched out the Xigmatek for the Sunbeam.

I figured since Im deciding on the 922, I'd get a cheaper, non-modular, and the best PSU brand out there, PC Power & Cooling. The 922 should have more than enough space (from the reviews I saw) to accommodate all those wires. It'll be a challenge wiring it all to the back of the MB, but Im up for it. Plus, its single rail. I went with the 750 instead of the 610 because of the possibility of adding a new card in the future.

Im set on the MB. ASUS has been reliable so far so I'll stick with them.

Still deciding on the videocards. Im leaning towards the 4890 though.

I hope I can order in the next couple weeks.

I would just go with the 4890. You won't regret it.

Great build. You will very much enjoy it :D

i7 Build w/ Pics

xeijqs.jpg

1622w5k.jpg

Some pictures.

Just made an order for HSF and the OCZs. Newegg has the OCZ as their shell shocker of the day. What great timing eh?
EDIT: Wow, the OCZ deal lasted a few hours at most. Its back at $119 before rebate. I saved $25.

Also grabbed the i7 on eBay for 212 after shipping and cashback (assuming the cashback goes through).

Probably start putting things together next week. Ill update as more stuff comes in.

Wish I had a real camera though.

great choices! if you haven't already got the 4870 go for the 4890, it will overclock very good, the temps are usually a bit better too as there where some minor issues regarding temps with 4870 on the reference cooler.

great choices! if you haven't already got the 4870 go for the 4890, it will overclock very good, the temps are usually a bit better too as there where some minor issues regarding temps with 4870 on the reference cooler.

Thanks. I havent ordered the GPU yet, but yeah, I will most likely grab the 4890.

Newegg processing took a little bit longer than usual. Usually they charge my credit/debit card <30 minutes after I place an order. They are very quick most of the time.

Im just happy it went through and there wasnt any problems like Out of stock or something.

i7 920, OCZ, and HSF came in today.

Whats worst than ordering your stuff at the end of the month and not qualifying for the rebate? :eek:

BTW, how long does the edit feature last? I dont want to see 4-5 consecutive posts made by me. Just doesn't seem right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom