Can I build a computer this powerful??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that an i7 has 4 cores with HT so 8 virtual cores but if you need more.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Throw a couple of 1336 Xeon cpus in there and you are ready to go. Realistically up to 48gb of memory.

A Mac runs on the same hardware as a PC so if it can be done an an apple it can be done on a windows platform. The only problem is you would have to spend less money than buying a Mac.

:facepalm: Doh

but come on a Mac runs on the same hardware as an apple.

Fixed post to reflect that a mac and pc run on the same hardware.

Wow...
That's just a complete waste of money. Something you should understand about computers in general is the concept of moore's law. Just a basic principle which states that computer processing power doubles every 18 -24 months.

So... any computer you build today will never be considered fast 6 or 7 years down the road. If you spend 6 grand now, in just 3 years you will be able to build a system twice as fast for half the price. 6 years from now... a 500 dollar computer will run circles around your 6 grand machine.

You shouldn't have to spend more than 2,000 to get a really nice rig. :)

With the extra ram and hard drives required I would put a great quality build for their needs at around $2,500.

these guys are right, its better to plan for the future by making smart choices now. Its not realistically possible to have a computer that will be worth having in seven years, think about the computers we were using 6-7 years ago! The build hiki said is ideal for you, it has plenty of processing power for what you need, and since none of the components are extremely expensive you can upgrade them in the future without wasting $1000 or so on one component if you cant sell them off.

^^ I think you mean Hikaricloud's build as I just posted a dual 1336 socket board to show that it exists although IMO it is unnecessary.

I would go with Hikaricloud's build but perhaps 12gb of ram and 3 1.5tb drives in raid5.

^^ I think you mean Hikaricloud's build as I just posted a dual 1336 socket board to show that it exists although IMO it is unnecessary.

I would go with Hikaricloud's build but perhaps 12gb of ram and 3 1.5tb drives in raid5.
all fixed now, i was close, both names start with H:p

I recommend avoiding that SSD at all costs. It has extremely mediocre specs and most likely uses a jmicron controller which for lack of a better term sucks. The only SSD's woth having use controlers made by Samsung (OCZ Summit), Indilinx (OCZ Vertex & Agility, Patriot Torqx, Gskill Falcon, SUPER TALENT UltraDrive) and Intel (Intel X-25-E)

The video card may be overkill, but it will definitely have longevity. CUDA will help out in Photoshop, while it will work in conjunction with your CPU with video editing and such.

Cuda doesn't automatically help with video editing, it is only used by a few programs that specifically support it.

Other than that the build looks good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom