What kind of processors are compatible with my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It tends to be very difficult to upgrade the processor of laptops.

I don't think you'll have much in the way of options. Can you give me the model # of your laptop? It's usually easier to find it that way.

CPU processors are much more expensive and much more fiddly to install. You are just better off purchasing more ram and/or start looking to purchasing a new laptop.

I couldn't actually find any info on what else would be compatible other than possibly a 1.73 ghz Pentium M (big upgrade from your 1.6ghz :rolleyes:) I'm not surprised as documentation for Sony laptops is usually really poor. That said, even if you could find something faster, it wouldn't be a huge improvement in performance and could run north of $100 pretty easily. According to Crucial it looks like there's a max of 1gb RAM on your laptop as well. (Computer memory upgrades for Sony VAIO VGN-FS640 Series Laptop/Notebook from Crucial.com)

Unfortunately it doesn't look there's much you can do beyond that.

I'm not surprised as documentation for Sony laptops is usually really poor.
Sony Documentation!?!?! Lol!Wut?
We are talking about a computer company that does not even post drivers on line for their laptops, let alone service manuals and documentation.

I couldn't actually find any info on what else would be compatible other than possibly a 1.73 ghz Pentium M (big upgrade from your 1.6ghz :rolleyes:)
That said, even if you could find something faster, it wouldn't be a huge improvement in performance and could run north of $100 pretty easily.

Rule of thumb when it comes down to CPU upgrades in general... unless you are going to get at least 30% performance/speed improvement, it's not worth spending the money as there is not going to be any noticable change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom