Two screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-rock

In Runtime
Hello,

I am not sure if this is possible, but I set this up several times on desktop computer that have a video card with two outputs.

So, I was wondering if it is possible to do this on my laptop. I have a Toshiba e105 (Satellite E105 Laptop | Toshiba). I am not sure if I have to get a new video card to be able to do this, how difficult it would be to install, and/or if it is even possible?

Thank you for anyone who helps.

Edit:

The best way to do it with a laptop is to run the laptops monitor as one and a second monitor connected to the laptop.

Edit:

The best way to do it with a laptop is to run the laptops monitor as one and a second monitor connected to the laptop.

Well yeah that what I thought, but I dont' know how to do it with my laptop.

I don't seem to have a plug in for a monitor, and I guess is there a way that I can hook up a monitor to a USB port.

Ok, I'll get the cord to do that. THANKS A LOT!!!

Are you guys sure this will work? I have tried this with my older laptop and it didn't, I just want to make sure before I buy the cord.

Thanks again.

I have ran many a dual monitor setup if this fashion with laptops.

I must admit that I have never done it with an hdmi port but it cannot be that much different.

Open up your display settings and see if it shows a option for a second monitor. If it is there you are in. If you want to be absolutely sure contact Toshiba's tech support.

I have ran many a dual monitor setup if this fashion with laptops.

I must admit that I have never done it with an hdmi port but it cannot be that much different.

Open up your display settings and see if it shows a option for a second monitor. If it is there you are in. If you want to be absolutely sure contact Toshiba's tech support.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure, because my old laptop would only display the main screen on both monitors. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom