5 Things Linux does better than Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that you have to reach a certain level on windows to be classed above average.
If you say to someone who doesnt know much about linux.. they think your good at tech cause your using an operating system they've knew heard of.

Windows has a lot of great features with it, but there IS a reason I dual boot - because as somebody who works in the technology department, there are programs, tools, utilities, and certain abilities I can do in Linux that Windows cannot. However, even being the Linux fanboy I am, I stay in Windows UNTIL I "need" Linux. Then I simply reboot.

No matter how you slice it, all operating systems have pros and cons, and each one has certain departments that they excel in more than others.

If a single operating system "sucked," it wouldn't exist. But many of them do. All for good reason. Choose wisely.

And for the record, majority of the time I do agree that a Linux user will be a more savy tech person. HOWEVER - I do know quite a few "average" users who swear by Ubuntu, Linux Mint, etc. So don't think just because someone is using Linux that they are some kind of technology prodigy. There are basic and advanced users on all platforms.

I think that you have to reach a certain level on windows to be classed above average.
If you say to someone who doesnt know much about linux.. they think your good at tech cause your using an operating system they've knew heard of.

But that doesn't automatically make every linux user a computer pro. Many people first go to linux because they are willing to learn and they were encouraged to do so. They have to learn everything as they go. In fact I know many linux users who I don't consider very knowledgeable. They use linux because they think it makes them 1337 and that they are now hackers or something.

An old adage states that it is not the weapon that makes the man, but the man that makes the weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom