Would this be a good start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking maybe $400-600, maybe more depending on how sweet it sounds. Something that will be good for games and good for Photoshop. I would need whatever memory is required by that mobo and I'd probably have to get the new standard of hard drive since right now I've only got IDE drives. My power supply is only about a year or so old and I believe it is 550 watts. My current tower is from emachines, I don't know if I would have to replace it or not to fir that mobo but that wouldn't be a problem.

You want DDR2 800 for that board (avoid your combo especially because of that ECS board, which is a bit on the cheapside)

You'll want a fast SATA drive for Photoshop, and since I think 1TB drive's are the sweet spot in bang for the buck, get one of them :)

For PSU's wattage means almost nothing, you need enough amps on the 12v Rails, something like a decent Corsair 650TX (if you want to CrossfireX). For your GPU, I'd highly recommend the HD 4850 in your budget.

ECS boards are terrible. I wouldn't even use them on a budget. The deal that Vern posted is your best bet, and for only 10 bucks more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom