Cannot connect to the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you've hit the nail on the head, sounds like your NIC drivers might be in need of an update/reinstall. Either that or the actual hardware might be damaged.
Either that OR the cable might be bad. Like I said before, try swapping the cable out for a new one as well.

Ok i'm gonna try Uninstall the driver then reinstall new nvidia drivers. If that doesn't work then yeh i'm guessing that my hardware is damaged cause i have tried numerous ethernet cables.THNX : )

Unfortunetly that didnt work : (

Well when you get an ip address of 169.x.x.x that means you are not connecting to your router.

Does your nic show up in device manager?

Yes both my ethernet ports appear in device manager they are built into the MOBO i'm starting to think that they have gone bad though : (
I'm thinking of buying a PCI NIC and installing that if that doesn't work then i will be forced to reinstall windows and see if that works.

I would try removing the NIC from Device Manager, then reboot, allowing Windows to 'pick' the most appropriate driver. If that doesn\t work, You have probably a 95% certainty that it is hardware related. Hope this helps.

I've seen where windows will assign a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address. its an autoconfiguration ip. it happened on my dads laptop and i just had to update the drivers and release and renew the IP a few times along with setting a manual IP to get the internet working in the first place. also try to Ping your routers IP and see if you can get a reply.

^he's already done that, bar updating drivers (which he just said he would do). Read through the thread before you post, so you're not just repeating what everyone else has already said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom