Building great gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranga

Baseband Member
hey i was just wondering if i could get some help on some ideas i had to building my own gaming computer and i was wondering if you could help.
These are the parts i would like to have in it:

cpu: Intel i7
Motherboard: asus rampage 2
Cases: yet to be decided, help would be awesome
Graphics cards: not sure, but wanna run dual
HDD: wanna run raid 3-5, not too sure on price
fans: be decided with case

and all the other bits will come together as i move along

all feedback is welcome and will be given a **** of alot of consideration

The case depends on your taste and what you like - coolermaster, lian li, silverstone and antec all do nice cases for PCs. Definitely go with RAID 5 over 3, it's better and controllers are easier to find but I would advise you not to use that as your boot drive.

Budget?

HAF932, Antec 1200, TJ-07... all cases I like...

GPUs... 2x285s or 2x295s

PSU: corsair 850hx

RAM: depends on budget... CAS 7 1600 or better...

budgets really shouldnt be an issue because illll be grabbing parts as i go not in one buying frenzy.

the antec 1200 is a great case ive seen some photos and would be pretty happy if i got it

I prefer the looks of the antec to the HAF but the HAF seemed to perform better and quieter in reviews.. plus it was made for watercooling... either should be fine...

OCZ platinum 1600 CAS 7 ram should suite your RAM needs..

IMHO you'd be better off getting a nice big storage drive for your files and getting a ssd for your OS and games. The OCZ vertex is a good choice.

thats just gonna help with organisation right, it wont really help the performance when it comes to boot up and other things.

could use explain the ssd??? ive read about it but didnt really sink in the purpose of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom