Changing Video Modes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Sorry about yet another post (my 3rd today)
I have been experimenting with a problem i'm having and i was wondering if it is possible to set what resolution and video mode games run in from outside of the games.

For example; It would run all games in Direct3D and at 1024 X 768. Is there a way of doing this?

Once again, sorry about the 3 posts.

that's alrite man, that's kool. u don't have 2 worry abt postin 3 times. as 4 yer question........ i don't knoe. Sorry!!!

it depends on the game. most games you can do as mre30 says, right click the icon and on the init string you can set certain rates... like ref=4, however if you are asking is there a way to make it so you dont have to go and change games refresh rate like that and it just auto installs with your choosen refresh rate, that would be highly doubtful.

I'm not bothered about refresh rate, more about changing whether it runs in; OpenGL, D3D and Software. Is there a command i can input on their shortcuts to change what mode it runs in?

I think:

-d3d (with the dash)

would do it for direct 3d. Im not sure if this is universal but most games you can add that at the end of the target section.

Hmm....ok...surprised no one has suggested this.

1. What kind of video card do you have?

2. Try this:

Right click on your desktop, go to properties. Then click the Settings Tab. Now click the ADVANCED button in the bottom right. Now you should see a tab that has your Graphics card name on it. Click that tab. From there you can control a lot of the settings of your video card. By default it'll be set to 'APPLICATION CONTROLLED' meaning it lets the game decide how it should all be set. But you can control it there. I didn't do a thorough check of whats in the tab settings, so I'm not sure if theres a tab to say whether it should run in OpenGL or D3D.......most games I've played choose automatically and I have no ability to change it.

Ahhh, the games that i'm having issues with seem to have only one rendering mode. Buggger, ahh well. Thanks for 'yall help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom