Toshiba Laptop LAN Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello,

Have a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5874 for about a yr. Just recently the LAN card stopped working (I cant plug in a LAN cable to get internet, but I can still use the wireless).

When I plug a LAN cable in it, it used to show the lights and work, but now I dont even see any lights flashing.

Tried different routers, different cables, changed out the drivers, reinstalled the OS, etc...seems to be centered on the laptop.

1. Can I just change out the LAN card on the laptop or does it require an entire motherboard replacement?

2. Is it possible the LAN hookup doesnt work but the wireless does?

Thank you.

Did it suddenly stop working? On my latop I cant plug in a LAN cable and then wirelessly connect to the same network. Have you tried disabling the wireless in the connection manager and resetting the modem/router/computer?

If the onboard lan stopped working you either need to get expansion card or new motherboard which basically means new laptop.

Thanks guys.

Never thought about disabled the wireless and then trying to restart everything back up.

1. I can get a LAN expansion card for a laptop? I will search Newegg. Would rather not replace the entire moboard.

2. I tried reinstalling the LAN driver, but it doesnt seem to show up in the device mgr...could be a software problem?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom