Custom Gaming Machine - IDEAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddictedSaint

Solid State Member
Hello Everyone,

Im currently selling my laptop online and im looking to build my own computer from ground up. So ive got some parts that i think are really top notch for the system im looking for.

The only question i have is what you think about them and if there is anything better then i have suggested that isnt much more in price.

The X800 PRO im kind of confused on , i heard it was the better card to go with if you were going to play the new Half-Life 2 game which i am.

The Games that im actually really updating for are . EQ2, HL2, Guildwars and stuff like that.

So here it goes this is what i have put together , your comments are already greatly appreciated.

CASE

ASPIRE X-Navigator Silver Aluminum ATX Mid-Tower Case with side window and 500W Power Supply, Model"ATXA8NW-SS/500" -RETAIL

CD-RW

Artec 52x32x52 CD-RW, Model WRR-52Z BU, Blue, OEM

CPU GREASE/PASTE

Arctic Silver Premium Silver Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound, Model "Arctic Silver 5", 3.5-gram( 1 cc. ) tube

CPU HEATSINK / FAN

Thermaltake Venus 12 CPU Cooler For AMD Opteron and Athlon 64, Model "A1744"

HARD-DRIVE

Seagate 160GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model ST3160023AS-RK, Retail

MEMORY

(x2=2GB) Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail

MONITOR

NEC/MITSUBISHI LCD1760V-BK 17" LCD Monitor –RETAIL

MOTHERBOARD

GIGABYTE "GA-K8NSNXP-939" nForce3 Ultra Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL

PROCESSOR

AMD Athlon 64 FX-53, 1MB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor, Socket 939 - OEM

VIDEO CARD

Was thinking ATI Made x 800 pro or eVGA 6800 GT, but wasnt sure due to the games i am playing which would be best.

Thanks for your time
-AddictedSaint

I plead with you, DON'T get the X800 Pro! Get either the X800XT P.E., or go with the 6800GT. The X800 Pro performs worse than nVidia's midrange card, the 6600GT, which is a $200 card. In fact, Half-Life 2 is the only game where you will get your moneys worth with the X800 Pro, and it may not even come out.

i agree with bdub.. dont go with the x800 pro... go with teh XT P.E... but that card is way more costly than the 6800 GT.. get the eVGA 6800 Gt... because evga puts the same heavyduty heatkink and cooler on all their 6800 GT cards.. so even with stock cooling you could over clock ur vid card to beyond 6800 Ultra values.. and then when u get a lil bit more money u can invest in a Arctic Colling NV Silencer 5 for bout 40 bux which is quiter and cools better... hope we helped and good luck!:)

they're right, the X800 Pro is not that great a card
- you can overclock a 6800 GT to even more than the Ultra's speeds
- the 6800 has smartshader 3.0 which really does give a better picture

beedubaya said:
I plead with you, DON'T get the X800 Pro! Get either the X800XT P.E., or go with the 6800GT. The X800 Pro performs worse than nVidia's midrange card, the 6600GT, which is a $200 card. In fact, Half-Life 2 is the only game where you will get your moneys worth with the X800 Pro, and it may not even come out.

Nah, HL2 will be out my friend..... or i'll personnally see to it that Valve is destroyed!

Thanks everyone for replying.

I dont mean to be so up-front but i really wanted to know how the parts of my machine where....

Every post was about the gfx cards. I want to know if the machine specs sound good also.

I will go with the eVGA 6800GT.

BTW Its out already @ newegg.com pricetag on it is $388.00

Please let me know about the rest of my machine ...

-AddictedSaint

Your memory is nice, should keep you settled for quite a few game releases. I have found that the Proccesser isn't to important once your ACTUALLY in a game. The PC will be pretty nice for gaming for now and maybe a couple of years to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom