Pop-ups Ads on my desktop without IE open

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocapelli

Beta member
Has anyone heard of this? I am getting pop-ups ads on my desktop without IE being open. I have nothing running in my systray that would allow this (such as kazaa) I have Nortons AV and firewall. Yet, I could be working in MS Word and all of a sudden I get and advertisment from a company. I have no software open or running. I get multiple ads on my desktop.
Anyone got any ideas?

Andrew

i use 'popupscanner' which is free.
it seems to do the job. i have my suspiscions about this prgram though - for some reason, which i don't know why.

it just feels a bit to 'commercial'. maybe tghats just me.

it also stops the winpopups.

give it a go

Don Fudleone

kill the MESSENGER service in XP..

that will stop the GREY POP up boxes,,

its a start,, the free surfer is good too,, easy to configure,,

cheers,

SpyBot Search and Destroy will get rid of all of that junk that is popping up. :)

SpyBot Search and Destroy

Sounds strong! LOL,

yea, or if you signed up to a website that has pop-ups, it can get your stuff and pop up automatically

you have spyware lurking in your pc. SpyBot Search and Destroy should get rid of the junk. its free.....works really well. I have ad-aware 6 also, but SpyBot is far better than ad-aware. I came across a review that concluded SpyBot to be very stable, excellent detection and removal. Also get SpywareBlaster to prevent spyware.

chocapelli said:
Has anyone heard of this? I am getting pop-ups ads on my desktop without IE being open. I have nothing running in my systray that would allow this (such as kazaa) I have Nortons AV and firewall. Yet, I could be working in MS Word and all of a sudden I get and advertisment from a company. I have no software open or running. I get multiple ads on my desktop.
Anyone got any ideas?

Andrew

But if you have got kazaa installed on your computer, they have also (so nicely) included your very own version (free of charge) a program called "save more" or something like that. It will pop up ads anytime it wan't and also searches a database of websites you visit and things you're searching for (yes, it's got a keyloggin program on it) and will pop up ads depending on what you've been doing online.

If you really like using kazaa and you run a spy bot, i think kazaa might not run (unless there's some patch out there)

good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom