Call of duty Lockups

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighomey

Solid State Member
I have sudden lockups in Call of duty both expansion and regular, this never has happened before until i got my new mobo , cpu, i have a athlon 64 3500 939 with msi neo2 plat mobo, nforce 3 ultra, This is the only game that Completely locks up my computer. I can play all of my other games for hours with 100% stability. Only Call of duty. im not sure if the game doesnt go good with 64 bit cpu's or what, sometimes the game runs great for like 30min, then eventually it will just totally lock up, and make a very fast clicking noise coming out of the speakers, it will continue doing this until i press reboot on my case, everythings locked when it freezes. i have a 9800 pro , with corsair xms 512mb x2 (1gig dual channel). like i said this never did this until i got my new cpu , amd mobo.. i had a a7n8x deluxe mobo, with 2500. My cpu temp seems fine around 120F. i've tried MULTIPLE gpu drivers, and its just weird that this is the only game that it does this on. when it freezes up , it keeps making that fast clicking noise out of the speakers until i reboot, or shutdown manually through case. sorry for long post. if any of u have any ideas i would apreciate it.

umm

there is no patch for the expansion, and yes i've already tried doing that to the regular cod, the expansion just camne out...even if it was the game, why would it totally lockup my system

Well I have mouse lag with UO, but not lockups, I also have a 64-Bit CPU and it hasnt happened to me.

Hello Big.

I've seen these problems in the past and usally they were not caused by the game, nor but the computer hardware.

I would run AVG-Antivirus 7 , its free you can find it in the downloads section. I would also run Spybot & Adaware. If you have a place to get applications i would also see if you can some how come up with a copy of PestPatrol.

You would be amazed @ what spyware and pest's can do to your machine while running a video game.

I had a friend a few days ago that had his Counter Strike Source locking up all the time during game play and then suddenly coming back into action 40+ seconds later.

He ran some of the spyware testings and anti-virus. His computer runs great again.

I also suggested to him to go into his msconfig and turn off everything that really isnt needed, even if you dont know everything in there you can disable everything in that msconfig startup and your machine will still run and be 100% ok.

To do that you goto:

Start --> Run ---> type in "msconfig" ---> Startup Tab ---> Get rid of the stuff you dont need.

Also in there you will see a tab called "Services" you can go in there and there will be a check box called hide all microsoft servies. What is left showing is junk you also dont need.

I would try those things let us know how you made out. If they dont work then we can further diagnose the problem understanding that its not due to faulty programs running in the background.

Goodluck
-AddictedSaint

dude, its not a error, TOTALLY LOCKS UP. but the funny thing is sometimes it does it sometimes it dont, im thinking its when i get into more intense maps.

well, im gonna unistall, then reinstall everything, after that if it still does it, im gonna format :), i need to anyways lol

i also ran antivirus, which is perfectly up to date, i did the full free scan from trend micro, and it found one virus, which it removed, and i ran adaware and it fouind 25 tracking cookies, but still when i got into cod after like 6min of playing it locked up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom