Project Panzerbox Mod: Tribute to Wolfenstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the nice comments guys!

Things are in limbo for the Wolfenstein PC atm until I get some other customer commitments finished. It sounded like Razer wanted to come onboard and sponser us with their Lycosa keyboard and new Mamba Mouse, but I haven't any update on those yet.

I am curious, what happens to the computer when done? Is it sent off to who ever originaly wanted it? Is it destroyed, what happens to it... That is one thing I have always wanted to know.

Nate and I haven't decided yet.

1AMD_Razer_Phenom_FX_casemod_mnpctech.jpg

We just got confirmation Razer is onboard as our new sponser! Thank you Razer!
We'll be using the Lycosa keyboard and new Mamba wireless gaming mouse. I really look forward to trying out the Mamba!

wolfensteincasemodblog.com_Razer.Lycosa.jpg

Razer always goes above and beyond with their ultra cool packaging
wolfensteincasemodblog.com_Razer.Mamba.jpg

We're already thinking about what to painting on the kb & mouse. Considering this dude from the new Wolfenstein. It will be the "Mwhahaha Mamba" mouse!
wolfensteincasemodblog.com_Razer.Mamba1.jpg

It's about time we mod the...

"Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro Series Sound Card"

(Say that 5 times without stumbling over the words ..Ok, so you can! lol)

We're going to paint the X-fi's faceplate, give a old steel & weathered look to fit our Panzerbox's paint job. Before you think about masking off everything, the X-fi is very easy to dismantle (Yay!) heres the pictorial guide. Oh btw, a solder iron will come handy for removing the 3, orange razer thin buttons, just heat up the 2, tabs and pull it out. You can use super glue or melt the tabs to reinstall it later

fatality_soundblaster_xfi_xtreme_casemodblog1.jpg

fatality_soundblaster_xfi_xtreme_casemodblog2.jpg

fatality_soundblaster_xfi_xtreme_casemodblog3.jpg

fatality_soundblaster_xfi_xtreme_casemodblog4.jpg

fatality_soundblaster_xfi_xtreme_casemodblog5.jpg

fatality_soundblaster_xfi_xtreme_casemodblog6.jpg

fatality_soundblaster_xfi_xtreme_casemodblog7.jpg

fatality_soundblaster_xfi_xtreme_casemodblog8.jpg

fatality_soundblaster_xfi_xtreme_casemodblog9.jpg

ive been reading up on the progress on this thread, and everything looks sick.

would it really be worth it to take your time to put crazy art on a keyboard and mouse? modding a case and whatnot is really cool, but a keyboard and mouse usually get alot of use and the art would eventually begin to wear away wouldnt it?

definately painting the kb & mouse :cool: thanks for commenting and reading our worklog, lots more to come!

Before painting the shroud, we need to apply a plastic adhesion coat of primer for the 120mm fan shroud on the Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme. After that was cured, a couple oof coats of House of Kolor's Metallic silver was applied for the base coat, to give it more of steel look. Brad airbrushed it with shadowed features and screw heads around the shroud

fatality_soundblaster_xfi_xtreme_casemodblog9a.jpg

fatality_soundblaster_xfi_xtreme_casemodblog9c.jpg

fatality_soundblaster_xfi_xtreme_casemodblog9d.jpg

The Thermalright fan was replaced with a Logysis 120mm red led fan and paintef Matte Black with Krylon's Fusion.
Black Honeycomb Modders mesh Fan grill was attached to the outside, it provides ample airflow too. It also reminds me of barbed wire. fyi: You must drill holes into the Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme shroud to attach a 120mm fan grill

The Logysis fan after being painted Matte Black with Krylon brand "Fusion" paint for plastic.
Heres the 120mm Honeycomb Fan Grill for the rear of the shroud.

120mmfangrillhoneycomb.mnpctech.com1.jpg

The Black grill reminded me of Barbed Wire
fatality_soundblaster_xfi_xtreme_casemodblog9f.jpg

Thank you! :)

Heres the shadowing on the center bezel for the fatality X-fi, next we're gonna add a tint of blue, for more of a steel look

fatality_soundblaster_xfi_xtreme_casemodblog9e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom