Videocard upgrade help

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster12348

In Runtime
my computers videocard is really crappy its a VIA/53G Unichrome Pro IGP, this is the system summary.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name FAMOCEGUERA
System Manufacturer P4M80P
System Model AWRDACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2806 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 6/8/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name FAMOCEGUERA\HP_Owner
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 1,536.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 654.46 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.95 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

So im just wondering where can i find a nice videocard that for one has pixel shaders and that for games like FEAR and such. Im thinking cheap but good, thanks, do u need any more info?

the videocard that you listed is integrated into your motherboard.

couldn't really find anything to identify what kind of hardware you have from the info you listed. if this is a factory built computer, can you post the model number?

if it isnt, can you post the motherboard brand and model number?

HP Pavilion a1030e, except the motherboard was replaced a few years ago because lightning fried it, thats when they put that crappy videocard and motherboard in. where can i find the motherboard brand and model number?

i would think that if the motherboard was replaced, they would replace it with the same model motherboard.

also, your current video card wasen't put in after the motherboard was made, it is the integrated video, it comes with it.

download this and post the motherboard model just to be sure

CPUID

Lol beat you to it Muffin. It's made by MSI and is no longer sold, and has.. AGP x8 x 1 • PCI x 2

Muahaha

Ok back to post now how much wattage does your power supply has because usually HP gives you a computer that is impossible to upgrade. I am asking you this because probably your current PSU won't be able to handle a new GPU.

Some PCI and AGP x8 I found ..

Ok here are PCI -

Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P1-N948-LR GeForce 9400 GT 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Low Profile Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards $79.99 Like the only one I found that was good (I own it) just that i got the PCI-E express 2.0 version.

Here are AGP 8x -

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100228L Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards $99.99 (good card)
Needs a 450 watt pSu but it's a very good card I beleive Trotter has one (I think)

it says total output wattage and below that on the PSU it says 380W, so where am i at? by the way is the videocard onboard or can i upgrade it, and whats the cheapest but best i could get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom