Buying Gaming Rig, $1,500-$1,900 US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got all the parts a couple days ago, just finished putting the parts together this afternoon before I had to go to work.

When I start up the machine for the first time, is it pretty straight forward? I read about the BIOS and such, anything I should know before I start?

Thanks

Yes. Cold beer is better than warm beer.

for installing drivers after os install use this order:
chipset, lan, go online and update windows, video card then all others in no particular order.

I would have the most current drivers from the manufactures website on a usb drive or cd.

Great, I'm going to rearrange some of the wires and cables since I'm not satisfied with the way I initially installed them (this being my first build and all).

All the components came with drivers and such on CDs so installation shouldn't be too difficult. A friend mentioned firmware, something about going online to get the latest for my mobo, etc...

yes on the computer you are using now go online and download the newest chipset and lan drivers from the manufacturer. Put them on a usb stick or cd to use for installing on your new computer. Then go online and you can get the rest of the drivers with your computer after updating windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom